Wednesday January 25, 2017
When marketing automation is used correctly, it is an amazing tool that can help brands run campaigns, generate leads and maximize marketing ROI. A big problem marketing teams encounter when considering marketing automation technology is twofold: how do we get started and how can we justify the cost? Here, we’ll explain how to get your stakeholders on board with marketing automation and why it’s critical to the success of your marketing strategy.
One way to start might be by writing a business case document. This is a written argument to convince stakeholders to approve an action, in this case, to approve buying marketing automation software.
Before you write this document, however, it is important to understand exactly why different companies implement marketing automation so you’re able to explain it to the decision maker. Here are some important reasons why brands should invest in marketing automation:
- Marketing automation is synonymous with digital marketing and your website: In today’s digital age, marketing automation software, such as Aimbase, allows marketing teams to take full control over their digital marketing strategy. It effectively generates and nurtures leads and tracks engagement beyond impressions and “the click”. If you’ve implemented a digital media strategy and haven’t integrated a marketing automation strategy into your plan, you are probably missing out on key metrics and additional sales opportunities.
- Marketing Automation can generate more leads with virtually the same budget: Though there is an investment in technology, which is recurring, when many tasks are automated, it leaves marketing departments with time to develop strategy while generating more leads, instead of being constantly inundated with laborious tasks. So, even though there is an investment to get automation software, it pays off when the marketing department can more effectively use their time, while your virtual marketing director is working 24/7 for you in the background.
- Marketing automation can prove its ROI – quickly: When using marketing automation software, marketing teams can track leads from the lead source (PPC, Facebook, email, etc.) all the way to the sale. This reporting will provide insight into which mediums/strategies are providing the best return.
- Marketing automation can help manage your sales funnel: The lead-tracking capabilities of marketing automation software makes it easy to qualify leads and pass them off to a sales team when they’re ready to become a prospect. By the way, Aimbase has an open API that can seamlessly pass leads to your CRM (customer relationship management) tool.
- Sales and marketing can work in tandem: When sales and marketing departments have a full view of what the other is doing, it makes both jobs easier. Marketers can generate and nurture more leads and the sales channel can close leads faster.
- Consolidation of marketing tools: Using marketing automation makes it possible to stay consistent on different platforms to implement cross-channel campaigns. Once these campaigns are implemented, the results can also be tracked using the software.
Once you know the facts about why companies adopt marketing automation technology, it’s time to have a conversation with the person in charge of purchasing. Showing how marketing automation technology impacts an entire company positively is a great way to prove how important it is. Believe it or not, it can affect the sales, service, and c-level executives.
- Sales: marketing automation can make a huge difference in how the sales team tracks and scores leads for follow-up. Sales is able to track when prospects are on the website and exactly what they’re clicking, know when a white paper is downloaded, and when a prospect is researching different products.
- Service: the customer experience (CX) engine on AVALA’s Aimbase® software enables a service and marketing team to follow-up with customers after the sale to make sure they are satisfied with their products. This helps to ensure a strong relationship with customers to retain them for future purchases. This also benefits the marketing department from a product and brand positioning standpoint.
- Executives: With marketing automation, it is possible to get detailed ROI, sales forecasting and media performance reports. A rep selling marketing automation software can provide a sample report to show how trackable your marketing operations will be with a tool like marketing automation. This can be extremely useful when getting your c-level executives on board.
There are many benefits to implementing marketing automation software and these are just a few talking points and strategies to get you started. If you haven’t already, request a demo of AVALA’s Aimbase software to see how we can take your brand to the next level.