Monday April 30, 2018
All good marketers use some form of a CRM (customer relationship management) tool, but once you have implemented the CRM tool, what steps do you need to take to ensure it is successful?
Well, one step you can take is to consider investing in a Marketing Automation system, like Aimbase, to work in tandem with your established CRM tool. Think about it. You have a CRM, which collects prospects, but then you need to reach out and communicate with those prospects to convert them to sales. Successful marketers use Marketing Automation to do the heavy lifting for you, and automate tasks like email campaigns, paid media, personal contact or content campaigns.
Investing in marketing and sales technology is just that, an investment. It can be costly to your brand if you don’t have a team or agency to manage it after implementation. It’s a lot of work, but the benefits far outweigh the cost when done correctly.
With this in mind, here are 5 expert tips from the AVALA Marketing Team for how to ensure successful implementation of CRM and Marketing Automation software.
- Think deeply about what you want the programs to do before they are implemented and being realistic about the financial and time expectations it will take to accomplish your goals. It’s also important to select systems that were built for your industry. For example, AVALA’s Aimbase technology was built to support manufacturers selling through a dealer network.
- Streamline your CRM/Marketing Automation tools. Don’t complicate your process by having more tools than you need. Keep in mind that marketing automation was built for marketing teams and CRMs were designed for sales/account management teams.
- Setting up CRM and Marketing Automation systems sounds great, but if you don’t have a strategic plan in place to best utilize your tools, you’re headed for trouble. Work with a team like AVALA to help keep your technology running smoothly.
- The work doesn’t stop after implementation, the CRM helps to secure sales by making the sales process a more personal experience for the customer, which takes strategizing and work! While the Marketing Automation helps foster leads through marketing tactics and campaigns.
- Life is a whole lot easier when these two programs talk to each other and interact cooperatively, so make sure your Marketing Automation and CRM tools can easily be integrated into other tools you use or plan to use.
If you’re interested in learning more about how Aimbase can help you streamline your marketing efforts or how AVALA can help you stay on track for success with Marketing Automation or CRM, contact us today!